Thursday, April 14

SUNRISE, SUNRISE

Lately I was really hurt from someone I really loved. With those I deem my "trusted few," I make these invisible expectations; unaware to myself or the other party. It's just there. Because I love them. They love me.. and a+b=c....we all just naturally get along & I guess I expect them to understand what's important to me. Sometimes it doesn't work that way though. And no, it wasn't Daniel. haha. I know it's terrible, but I have the "easy come, easy go" mentality. If someone's not really loyal to you, and you can't trust 'em...welll..just cut 'em out! Whenever anyone hurts you badly enough; you can live w/o 'em.

But then I realized... if I truly did this for everyone who hurt me "badly" enough.. I wouldn't really have very many friends, would I? In fact, maybe my puppy Jingles would be the only one standing. He's cute, but I really don't know if those weiner dog tricks could hold me over till I'm 50. On another note, I don't think I'd be on anyone's list either! ha! At the very heart of it all, is the issue of forgiveness. Lord knows I hold on to grudges way too long. And the worst part is that I never have the courage to tell people how/when/why they've wronged me. I just expect them to "get it." Maybe it's cuz I'm a girl. Or maybe it's cuz I'm Asian. Maybe its due to the fact that I've never been a fan of confrontation.

Or maybe, yes.
It's because I'm a sinner.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
-1 John 1:9

If the one who orchestrates THIS every morning can forgive us...why can't we? :)

31 | the sunrise project from JJ Starr on Vimeo.




I thank God for forgiving me so I can pass on His grace & mercy to others.
Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com