Friday, May 6

OBEDIENCE OVER SACRIFICE..AGAIN?

Ever since I've first read these verses, they've never departed from me. I know that God has his purposes for that.

With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the High God?
Shall i come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
-Micah 6:6-7

For I desire mercy & not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
-Hosea 6:6

app: those sins you've made home with...whatever they may be, none are small in the sight of God.
None are short of evil.

I've been experiencing my heart's oils seeping out of my skin. Every pore is dirty. Jokes contain a tinge of bitterness. a quick glance turns into judgment. I've always used the excuse, "It's ok, everyone does it." However, in the sight of God, we don't stand before him hidden behind another flawed soul. If we have a relationship with Jesus, one day in heaven, we stand before Him represented by Christ.

Promises, good intentions, overachieving & self-righteousness have been pitiful attempts at my "obedience" to God lately. But clearly, sacrifices are not what He wants when my heart's so cluttered with sin. Really encouraged by these verses today & glad that I've been refocused :) Hope it's encouraged you too.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Great post.. I needed to read that Scripture today

Zamir said...

I dunno why I hadn't read this before. Thanks I needed it dearly! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com