Monday, July 19

Waves aren't always good..

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven & tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord, he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." James 1:6-8

FAITH. 
The Canaanite woman with the possessed daughter sang & begged of it through her tears. Abraham trembled as he trusted with every footstep walking up to Mt. Moriah. Rahab is empowered by it as she hid the spies. We talk to strangers, encourage estranged or outcast friends with it, share about a thirst-quenching, love filling, salvation to the world as we embrace & believe it.

See, at times, we pray, and go and act as if we have not prayed at all.
I was like this, and I'll admit, sometimes still am. However, this year has entirely  rocked, exploded, & turned my faith & belief in God upside down. {in an incredible way}.

This definitely includes my OWN soul which is why I speak of this so openly haha but.. .. from my (brutally) honest perspective, prayer has been thrown around & trampled on in the hearts of many..Disregarded and seen as "optional" as if you were ordering a fast food menu and you can upgrade to a larger drink. Yes, folks. It's "optional." But didn't Jesus do it? Didn't Jesus even command it? Doesn't it mean we proclaim that our feeble & dust-composed bones can do it, w/o the help of our Maker?

Our pastors have beaten their breasts and have also, at times, LITERALLY cried out in urging our church to pray.

For the first time, I think we are finally getting the picture.
I. AM. SO. HAPPY.


I was SO blessed in typing up the prayer requests tonight. A certain man's groaning almost tangible as he weeps over his father's wickedness. Another saddened by a paralyzed uncle. Mothers praying for their children. People wanting to change.

so let us pray, because we have FAITH in a wonderful, wonderful, God.
Who is always on our side ;)

"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man  that you are mindful of him, and the son of man  that you care for him?" -Psalm 8:3-4

and now, presenting some random, silly pictures for your enjoyment(??).. maybe more like boredom? hehe yay!





1. My favorite appetizer, like, ever. Unfortunately, ate there last tuesday & found a maggot & a gnat in it :(


2. Seriously, if you don't think this is cool, ....i just don't know, man. i just don't know.


3. look at how this company delivers lunch! ah! LOVE!




5. yes, compartmentalized lunches (!!) . a male DEFINITELY invented this. hahaha.


 6. hola :)

7. upon viewing the picture, daniel: "OH MY GOSH! I'M FREIKIN' FAT!"
me: "listen to me. EVERY woman knows this secret. you never look at the camera straight on, honey.
ALWAYS tilt your head down, and smile at angle. truuuust me. this is EVERY woman's picture secret. you lose like 10 pounds instantly."
daniel: "mhmm.."
 steph: "TRY IT! seriously. seriouslyyyyy!"



 8. upon viewing this picture, instant explosion of laughter. note daniel's very pointy (& slim ;D) chin. hahahahahahahhahaha.


9. another one of my food loves, COOK'S TORTAS! ah! the salmon was my fave, i think its time to switch. but oh, what decadent times we had together. *licks lips


10. does it get any better? YES! SWEET POTATO FRIES!!! oh my gosh. amazing!! *cuzzy wuzzy, we always think of you & miss you TONS when we eat tortas. but come to think of it..  we've only eaten tortas twice though.. so....
;) <3


11. the best for last :) my lola beng and my dad. look at my grandma! she looked so refined and sophisticated ! :)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com